Why Biomass Heat
There are some very good reasons why now is a very good time to install a biomass
boiler from Asgard Biomass:
- Biomass heat is significantly cheaper than oil, LPG, or electricity… and increasingly better value than gas.
- Quarterly cash payments from the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme are available at up to 8.8p per kWh guaranteed for 20 years.
- Payback on investment can take as little as 4 years, return on investment as high as 25%.
- Better financial return than other renewable technologies.
- Well proven technology; durable reliable and efficient.
- The boilers supplied by Asgard Biomass are highly efficient, more efficient than fossil fuel boilers, this means that the valuable resource is fully utilised.
- Wood chip can deliver heat at between 2-3p/kWh, wood pellets at around 4p/kWh versus oil or LPG at 6-7p/kWh and electricity at 10p+ /kWh.
- Those able to produce chip from their own woodlands or miscanthus will see even greater savings, fuel cost can be around 1 – 2p/kWh.
- Previously underutilized woodlands can now provide a very attractive cash income.
- There are a number of reputable finance companies working in the sector that can offer competitive rates.
- Several buildings can be heated by a single biomass boiler installation thus reducing the maintenance and servicing costs.
- Biomass heat is the most effective way of obtaining CO2 reductions.
- Positive press; biomass heating is a good message.
- The most effective way to achieve building regulations codes during building or refurbishment projects.
- Fossil fuel will continue to increase in price at a faster rate than biomass.
- With good quality “dry” fuel the biomass boilers supplied by Asgard Biomass are virtually smokeless.
- Fully automated technology, and very easy to use