Call Asgard Biomass for your Independent Heat Metering Report
In order to claim the Renewable Heat Incentive an independent heat metering report is required for all biomass boiler installations deemed to be ‘complex’ i.e. heating more than one property.
The staff at Asgard Biomass are experts in the field of designing, installing and maintaining complete biomass boiler installations, and are recognised as ‘competent’ to provide independent metering reports.
Ofgem RHI Metering Requirements
Ofgem administers the Renewable Heat Incentive and specifies that an independent heat metering report is required for any installation applying for RHI that has a capacity of 1MW or above or is deemed complex.
Installations with a capacity below 45kW will not generally be required to provide a report. However if Ofgem is not satisfied that the metering information provided is satisfactory they may require the submission of a heat metering report. Anyone applying for RHI with output less than 45kW should be prepared to provide an independent heat metering report if requested.
A heat metering report will also be required where additional RHI capacity is added to an accredited installation and this additional capacity takes the total output to 1MW or higher, or where the additional capacity means that an installation below 1MW is now classed as ‘complex’.
In order to comply with regulations, only a “competent person” can produce a heat metering report. Ofgem defines a competent person as:
- An experienced and suitably qualified engineer (at least HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline from a recognised academic institution);
- Has demonstrable experience and expertise in flow measurement and heat/steam measurement systems demonstrated by training and development records;
- Has a relevant background (involved in energy, utilities, building services, heating system design, heating system operation & maintenance);
- Covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance of at least £1m (through employer or directly);
- Is unbiased and impartial.
Asgard Biomass fully meet these requirements:
- We can provide Chartered graduate level engineers with extensive experience of heating system design, installation and control.
- We have 20 years’ experience of designing, supplying and installing biomass installations.
- As independent installers we provide an unbiased and impartial service.
Our RHI metering reports satisfy the requirements of Ofgem and include a site visit to carry out the following:
- Inspection of all boilers in the system to be accredited and collection of boiler plate specifications.
- Inspection of all heat meters; including identifying their individual purpose and collection of all individual certification and calibration data.
- Assessment that meters and sensors have been installed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and RHI requirements.
- Production of a schematic drawing identifying the heating system arrangement.
- Recording heat meter readings.
All our reports contain the following information as required by Ofgem:
- Verification that meters and sensors are correctly positioned.
- Confirmation that any steam traps or related devices are eligible for metering purposes and are adequately maintained and vented.
- Assessment that meters and sensors are installed in accordance with the manufacturer‘s instructions and, where relevant, any installation requirements required as part of the MID EC-type or design examination certificate or other EEC, EN 1434 or OIML testing certificates.
- Meters and sensors meet the technical requirements as set out by Ofgem
- The system is configured so that any significant heat losses are accounted for by the meter and sensor positioning.
- The schematic diagram is an accurate representation of the installation and the heating system of which it forms part.
If you would like us to provide an independent heat metering report for your RHI application, or just want to discuss whether you require a report Contact Us